1 Windows 8 revealed on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Watch the 4 minute video.

Thoughts?? I'll add mine later.

View user profile

2 Re: Windows 8 revealed on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:54 am

Zebug

Admin
not really impressed and I don't like where they are going. I think it is awesome for phones, but not for computers. I know he said you can use it with mouse/kb but if the original intent is to be used with touch screens, I don't know how much support the mouse/kb will get. I'd rather them focus on utilizing resources better (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) as different applications call for it rather than focusing on turning your smart phone into a computer.

3 Re: Windows 8 revealed on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:33 pm

I agree - with all the "tiles" it just looks way to mobile device/touch device geared and I dont want that enviroment on my PC so heavily. I love widgets on my smart phone and easy access to info but I keep my home computer desktop almost completely clean. I have no shortcuts on my desktop beyond rocket dock bar that resides at the top and my windows normal task bar that resides at the bottom

I do see better touch screen implementation being needed as everytime I interact with a laptop I want to touch the screen to navigate. Those gestures on a laptop will be cool.

If they are wise they will make sure such things are all highly configurable.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum